I’ve been so busy with my summer projects lately. Everything from the garden and the shed, to the kids sandbox and chalkboard and I just finished the new cushion covers on our outdoor furniture.
And what a relief it is.
The fact that there was 7 cushions that I had to sew new covers for made it a bit overwhelming. And I put it off WAY too long. I mean, it’s almost August, summer will be over soon. But with my daughter’s upcoming birthday party (hence we will need extra seating outdoors), it was the push I needed to get them done.
Here’s the old cushions:
As you can see in the picture, this was prior to the shed (beside the deck) and our deck was a little cluttered, as you can see.
Can you tell how icky and faded the material is? It used to be a red/brown shade, now turned to a salmon pink color. Ew.
Not to mention, we had them around our fire pit a few years back, so we had a few burn holes in the fabric as well.
You can see the faded color here a bit better.
Phew. Now that we’ve endured the horrid before pics… let’s enjoy the new covers.
So. Much. Better.
I was really hoping I’d find some inexpensive cushion at a store.. but no luck.
Actually, I saved a ton of money making them. The fabric was on clearance from last year’s stock, but one meter, get two free! So altogether I think it cost me around 30 dollars for all the fabric!
The tin wall there is the back of the shed (it surrounds the entire bottom of the top deck). Yep. It needs some outdoor art for sure!
The best part is how neutral it is, perfect for any color outdoor accent cushions I choose. Those are still to come..
Tonight I think my husband and I will enjoy a drink on our new cushions (and celebrate our anniversary.. 7 years today!!).
Have a terrific day!
I link up here!