And using an existing skirt, I marked out how long I wanted the new skirt to be.
Using my rotary cutter, I cut straight across the midsection of where I marked it.
Since there were a few layers in the shirt, I pinned and serged them all together to prevent it from shifting around. A zigzag stitch works if you don't have a serger.
Then I folded under a waistband and pinned it in place.
Then sewed the waistband, leaving a few inches open for the elastic to slide through.
I used the existing skirt to measure out the length I needed for the elastic. You can also measure your subjects waist.
I cut my elastic (adding an inch to sew together) and slid it through my waistband.
I sewed the elastic together, then finished the waistband. Simple!
The brocade detail is subtle and I love the added sequins.. makes it even more festive!
She had to try it on as soon as I was done. And, of course, add a red top and pretty headband. (hint: stay tuned for the headband next week!)
Thanks for dropping by!!
I link up here!